Assistant Manager/Keyholder - West Haven, CT
Location: West Haven
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionOur Story Since 1949 we've maintained a heritage
of leadership, innovation, service, and style. With great hope,
energy, and a shoestring budget, friends Ebner "Eb" Glooskin and
Leonard "Len" Seaman, opened a small "Workingman's" store in New
Britain, Connecticut. Their roadmap to success was simple - provide
quality products, offer them at fair prices, and deliver it all to
customers through great service. On a cold February morning in of
1949 the ﬁrst EbLens would open for business. Little did Ebner and
Leonard know that one day their ﬁrst store would be joined by
dozens more; not only in Connecticut but throughout Massachusetts,
Rhode Island, New York State, and New Hampshire. Fast forward
through decades of continuous operation, and you will ﬁnd the team
at EbLens still working hard to provide the very best retail
experience to their customers. After years of supplying all the
necessities for work, and a shift into army & navy surplus, today's
EbLens has risen from selling essentials to the whole family to a
premiere retail destination delivering the best and most sought
after fashion inspired by today's urban lifestyle. Times have
changed since we opened our ﬁrst store, and after years of serving
countless customers, we have too. For the latest information on our
products, events or promotions check us out at eblens.com or follow
us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. But after more than 65 years
some things never change. We'd still prefer you drop-in to one of
our many convenient locations and see for yourself how Eb & Len are
at it again!JOB OVERVIEW: EbLens is looking for top Retail
Management candidates to help lead New England's #1 urban clothing
and footwear company.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Store Manager in the day-to-day management of the
store in accordance with overall company policy.
- Provides sales ﬂoor leadership, including coaching, selling
techniques and proper zone coverage.
- Involved in the overall merchandising of the store, helping to
determine which products to feature, updating various displays and
providing direction to sales staﬀ on all merchandising
- Ensures standards for quality, customer service and health and
safety are met; Manages and motivates staﬀ to increase sales and
- Ensures work schedules are adhered to and assigns employees to
- Deals with staﬃng issues: providing input on; hiring potential
staﬀ; employee appraisals and performance reviews; and assists in
training and development of staﬀ.
- Ensures timely updates to inventory, including price
adjustments, transfers and replenishment of stock upon
- Responds to customer complaints and comments.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities
- Maintains awareness of market trends in the retail industry,
understands forthcoming customer initiatives, and monitors what
local competitors are doing.
- Keeps Store Manager apprised of all activities / incidents
during his/her shift.REQUIREMENTS:
- -Previous experience in a retail sales environment with
increasing levels of responsibility and a working knowledge of
general retail practices and procedures.
- -Excellent customer service skills; ability to anticipate
- -Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
- -Good merchandising skills.
- -Management experience in a retail sales environment or similar
fast paced, customer service environment, preferred.BENEFITS:
- -Vacation and sick time
- -Medical and dental insurance
- -Casual dress code
- -Employee discount
- -Weekly pay#CBPowered by JazzHRuS3Eglhw1n
Keywords: EbLens, West Haven , Assistant Manager/Keyholder - West Haven, CT, Executive , West Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!