Assistant Store Manager
Company: Stop and Shop
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Address: USA-NY-Riverhead-1615 Country Road
Store Code: SS - Human Resources Brands (2765635)
At Stop & Shop, we are dedicated to creating and maintaining a
culture where the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our
associates are celebrated, and all associates feel they belong and
thrive. We work as one team to break down barriers, put the
customer first and show that we care for our customers, communities
and each other. At Stop & Shop, we're here to feed all of life's
moments, and we've made a promise to our customers to help them
make the small wins possible every day.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for ensuring sales and
profitability while helping to achieve best in class customer
service in their departments.
- Manage the recruitment, hiring, orientation, managing people
development and maintaining diversity of Front-end.
- Responsible for overseeing Front-end operations, Cash Office,
and ensuring highest level of customer service.
- Manage store community and customer relations.
- Accountable for: scheduling and conducting interviews and
involving other managers as appropriate; coordinating orientation,
new hire and department specific training with CTP Coordinators;
following up on associate development plan implementation and AMT
progress; documenting front-end associate performance issues;
attending or coordinating job fairs; analyzing store turnover
figures and developing action plans with appropriate department
managers; counseling and coaching associates; resolving customer
issues; responding to donation requests; attending and or
coordinating local community events; and managing fund raising
events and gift card program.
- Create a culture of best-in-class customer service.
- Manage Customer Service Departments regarding general
operations, sales, and profitability.
- Manage daily activities including sanitation and safety.
Merchandising department presentation, payroll and productivity and
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2+ year's supermarket retail experience; store management
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, planning and organizing, and
- Able to manage multiple tasks and gain people's
- Must be willing to travel within the core market area.
Stop & Shop is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all
applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are
considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national
origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status
(including civil unions), military service, veteran status,
pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions),
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally
recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 311704_external_USA-NY-Riverhead_8162023
Keywords: Stop and Shop, West Haven , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Riverhead, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!