Mobile Health Nurse
Company: Global Medical Response
Location: West Haven
Posted on: January 16, 2023
This position is in New Haven, CT!
The Mobile Integrated Health (MIH) Nurse is an exciting opportunity
to apply your knowledge and experience to acutely ill patients that
are receiving their hospitalization at home. Once a patient is
determined by the hospital to meet inpatient hospitalization
criteria, the MIH Nurse is dispatched to the patient's home to set
up their "hospital room" in the privacy of their own home. This
involves establishing remote monitoring technology, conducting
physical assessments, medication reconciliation, assisting with
medication administration, and any other tasks deemed necessary for
the patient as directed by the provider team. You will work in
collaboration with an RN who functions as the patients' primary
nurse and provider team that is responsible for the ongoing
oversight and care of the patient, serving as their hands, eyes,
and ears. Throughout the patient's hospital course, you will be
dispatched to patients' homes to provide direct patient care as
directed by the primary care team to ensure patients continue to
receive the same, if not better, high-quality care they would
receive in a brick-and-mortar hospital.
The MIH Nurse supported in the medical decisions and treatments
they provide. Patients have direct access to their primary care
team 24 hours a day through the technology platform in their home.
The MIH Nurse utilizes this same technology as they provide patient
care. The MIH Nurse role is an exciting opportunity to be pioneers
in a new innovative care model of treating acutely ill patients in
the comfort of their own home leading to better patient outcomes.
Come join a team of passionate caregivers in a patient centered
It really doesn't get better than driving a fully stocked company
vehicle directly to your patient's home to deliver high quality
care, one patient at a time.
- Strong communication with other members of the
interdisciplinary team including other MIH Nurses, management, and
- Facilitating scheduling needs, equipment and supply
maintenance, and other operational support functions as assigned by
the MIH Base Manager and/or Regional Director of Operations.
(Supply counts, vehicle maintenance/record keeping, making a
- Collaborate seamlessly with the network of partners that make
this possible including patients, their families, public safety
agencies, training institutions, hospital personnael, and others as
- Ensure maintenance of quality field operations through daily
contact, oversight, communication, and evaluation.
- Ensure Patient Care Reports (PCRs) and other field paperwork is
100% reconciled daily in conjunction with the PCR processing.
- Ensure 100% of operational response exceptions are brought to
closure with appropriate action.
- Integrate into a hospital based clinical care team.
- Prepare reports and manage projects as assigned by the MIH Base
Manager and/or Regional Director of Operations.
- Manage all aspects of MIH vehicles including, but not limited
to maintenance, registration, on-board equipment (e.g. inverters,
refrigerators), maintaining mileage logs, etc.
- Clean and maintain vehicles daily.
- Remain up-to-date on all regulatory training (clinical,
non-clinical, CME, etc.) and ensure that all certifications are
uploaded into the appropriate systems. Coordinate and work with the
MIH Base Manager and/or MIH National Clinical Director to develop
specific and deliberate training plans as needed.
- Work with MIH Base Manager and/or MIH National Clinical
Director to ensure all lab compliance rules are adhered to (i.e.
- Subject matter expert on all clinical equipment. Responsible
for maintaining equipment and associated supplies.
- Clean and maintain facilities daily.
- Manage supply inventory using supply/operations management
software and ensure the team has adequate supplies on-hand to
successfully conduct operations. Ensure daily narcotic logs are in
order and vehicle checks (on-board supplies/equip.) are completed.
Work with the GMR IT Team to get our program in Operative IQ (or
any other market-specific software) as applicable. Manage Medically
Home Tech Kits and Patient Supply Boxes (incl. sanitization).
- Coordinate with GMR IT Team to facilitate and manage all
aspects of IT including, but not limited to computer maintenance,
any and all pertinent systems account setup (e.g. OLOS, MEDS,
Outlook/O365, GMR email, Kronos, etc.) for team members.
- Responsible for complying with all local, state, and federal
employment laws and company policies. (i.e., Americans with
Disability Act, Affirmative Action Plan, etc.).
- Maintain compliance with all company policies, procedures, and
- Conduct root cause analysis to aid in continuous process
improvement building operational efficiency using the Baldwin
Safety reporting chiclet on Okta.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a current and valid RN license in the state of
practice and/or clinical oversight and must maintain qualifications
and experience level in all aspects of services provided.
- Valid state driver's license.
- Must have current American Heart Association Health Care
Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Excellent time management, communication, and organizational
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology.
- Two years (2) full time RN experience in an acute care setting
or two years prior experience as a parmedic.
- Experience working in an emergency department or other high
acuity EMS setting is highly preferred.
- Must have current MMR and Hepatitis B vaccinations.
- Must consent to initial new-hire TB testing and receiving an
annual flu shot prior to November 1st each year.
- Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and boosted in accordance
with current CDC guidelines due to hospital contractual
requirements in this program. EEO Statement:
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and
providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a
Keywords: Global Medical Response, West Haven , Mobile Health Nurse, Healthcare , West Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!