Physical Therapist, Per Diem
Company: Apple Rehab West Haven
Location: West Haven
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Apple Rehab West Haven - Apple Rehab West Haven is a 90 bed
facility at 308 Savin Ave. in West Haven. Apple Rehab West Haven
has a large community following where we have many returning
residents who appreciate the care they are given and the family
atmosphere they experience here with our long standing staff of
many years. We see ourselves as a team for the good of our
residents. We have a talented Therapy department which also draws
resident from our community. Join us and be part of our team.
Come grow with us!
Are you ready to work for a company that is uniquely different; an
organization that is committed to your personal and professional
growth? Then come join the team at Apple Rehab, one of
Connecticut's leading providers of short term rehabilitation and
skilled nursing care. We are currently seeking Temp Nurse--------s
Assistants to join our team!
The Apple Rehab Difference
What distinguishes Apple Rehab? We think it is our philosophy of
Better Life, which operates on the premise that each patient and
staff member is a special individual with unique thoughts, ideas
and experiences. It is the quality of the relationships between our
staff and patients that make Apple Rehab a better place to live and
work. Apple Rehab is a best-in-class provider of short-term
rehabilitation and skilled nursing services. We seek to attract and
retain the best employees; in turn we offer a competitive salary
and first-rate benefits including medical, dental, vision,
short-term disability, and life insurance as well as paid time off,
401(k) and much more.
Job Title: Physical Therapist
Physical Therapists (PTs) provides a variety of medical services to
help individuals who have been injured or physically affected by
illness to recover or improve function. A physical therapist must
be able to evaluate a patient's condition and devise a customized
physical rehabilitation and treatment plan. The PTs' goal is to
develop, maintain and restore maximum movement and functional
ability, in order to maximize quality of life.
Physical Therapists provide care to patients based on the
application of scientific physical therapy principles.
Responsibilities of the Physical Therapist include (but are not
limited to): -
- Plans and administers medically prescribed physical therapy
treatment for patients suffering from injuries, or muscle, nerve,
joint and bone diseases, to restore function, relieve pain, and
- Reviews physicians referral (prescription) and patients
condition and medical records to determine physical therapy
- Tests and measures patients strength, motor development,
sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and
circulatory efficiency, and records findings to develop or revise
- Plans and prepares written treatment program based on
evaluation of patient data
- Administers manual exercises to improve and maintain
- Instructs, motivates, and assists patient to perform various
physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory
functional activities, daily-living activities, and in use of
assistant and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and
- Administers treatments involving application of physical
agents, using equipment, such as hydrotherapy tanks and whirlpool
baths, moist packs, ultraviolet and infrared lamps, and ultrasound
- Evaluates effects of treatment at various stages and adjusts
treatments to achieve maximum
- Administers massage
- Administers traction to relieve pain
- Records treatment, response, and progress in patients chart or
enters information into computer.
- Instructs patient and family in treatment procedures to be
continued at home.
- Confers with physician and other practitioners to obtain
additional patient information, suggest revisions in treatment
program, and integrate physical therapy treatment with other
aspects of patients health care.
- Orients, instructs, and directs work activities of assistants
- Uphold HIPAA regulations
- Punctual and dependent for assigned/confirmed shifts
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds. Moving, lifting or
transferring of patients may involve lifting of up to
- 100 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Fine motor skills
- Visual acuity
- Graduate of an accredited PT program
- Current PT license, in good standing with the State licensing
- Minimum of one (1) year PT experience, in corresponding
- Federal-, State- and GHR-required credentials current and on
Keywords: Apple Rehab West Haven, West Haven , Physical Therapist, Per Diem, Healthcare , West Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!