Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant, Full Time
Company: Apple Rehab West Haven
Location: West Haven
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Apple Rehab West Haven - Apple Rehab West Haven is a 90 bed
facility at 308 Savin Ave. in West Haven. Apple Rehab West Haven
has a large community following where we have many returning
residents who appreciate the care they are given and the family
atmosphere they experience here with our long standing staff of
many years. We see ourselves as a team for the good of our
residents. We have a talented Therapy department which also draws
resident from our community. Join us and be part of our team.
Come grow with us!
Are you ready to work for a company that is uniquely different; an
organization that is committed to your personal and professional
growth? Then come join the team at Apple Rehab, one of
Connecticut's leading providers of short-term rehabilitation and
skilled nursing care. We are currently seeking a Full Time Physical
Therapist Assistant to join our team!
The Apple Rehab Difference
What distinguishes Apple Rehab? We think it is our philosophy of
Better Life, which operates on the premise that each patient and
staff member is a special individual with unique thoughts, ideas
and experiences. It is the quality of the relationships between our
staff and patients that make Apple Rehab a better place to live and
work. Apple Rehab is a best-in-class provider of short-term
rehabilitation and skilled nursing services. We seek to attract and
retain the best employees; in turn we offer a competitive salary
and first-rate benefits including medical, dental, vision,
short-term disability, and life insurance as well as paid time off,
401(k) and much more.
Job Title: Physical Therapist Assistant
Reports to: Rehabilitation Director and Physical Therapist
Provides quality resident care to enable the resident to achieve
and maintain the maximum level of functional ability while
maintaining positive level of interaction with facility and
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Complies with ethical, regulatory, procedural and professional
standards and practice guidelines as defined by state of
- Assists the PT in providing physical therapy treatments to
residents as determined by the Plan of Care.
- Manages caseload with supervisor by scheduling treatment
individually or in groups while maintaining efficiency
- Instructs resident, family, and caregivers in PT to be
continued upon discharge.
- Adheres to PPS guidelines, ensures all PT
documentation/treatment conforms to documentation/billing policies
- Working with PT, provides oversight and direction of techs and
assists in the supervision and education of affiliating
- Assists in the assurance that the physical surroundings and
equipment are sanitary, orderly and free from conditions that may
cause safety hazards.
Residents' Rights Functions
- Maintains resident confidentiality and privacy. Fosters
feelings of self worth and respect by treating residents with
kindness and understanding.
- Knows and complies with Residents' Bill of Rights. Reports all
grievances and resident complaints to administrator and/or Director
of Nursing immediately.
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds. Moving, lifting or
transferring of patients may involve lifting of up to 100
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Fine motor skills
- Visual acuity
Other Job Functions
- Maintains own professional competence as well as learning new
creative trends in PT treatment through participation in continuing
education, seminars and training programs.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Graduate of APTA accredited PTA school and eligible for
licensure in the state they are practicing in.
- New Grads Welcome to Apply!
Apple Rehab offers an attractive benefit package for employees of
30 hours or greater that may include the following:
- Scholarships and career growth opportunities
- Unlimited Access to Continuing Education Platform
- Paid Continuing Education Day
- Paid Travel Time and Mileage
- Paid Clinical Licensure
- 4 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Call-a-Doc / 24-7 MD telephone service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Program
- Longevity Credit
Keywords: Apple Rehab West Haven, West Haven , Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant, Full Time, Healthcare , West Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!