Medical Technologist - Int
Company: TalentBurst, Inc.
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Hours: M-F 10:30a-7p
Is COVID vaccination required?
1. Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and
processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of
patient test result;
2. Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing
samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
3. Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see
4. Review and release test results.
5. Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in
their respective guidelines.
6. Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document
all quality control activities, instrument and procedural
calibrations and all maintenance performed;
7. Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures
whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established
acceptable levels of performance.
8. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or
reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or
immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
9. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate
from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
10. Follow department's procedure in reporting STATS or Critical
results to clients.
11. If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab
12. Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site.
13. Maintain general appearance of the department.
14. Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration
dates, and if applicable opened dates. 15. Review/train on new
16. Attend monthly department and any additional
17. Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know
the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the
location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
18. If needed, participate in government or regulatory agency
19. Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required Knowledge: A solid understanding of basic laboratory
testing is required for this position. The successful candidate
must possess good computer skills and be able to adapt to working
in multiple computer systems. Must have knowledge of QC and QA as
well as knowledge of all areas of the laboratory.
BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or
Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical
Technology, or Previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR
493. 1433 published in March 14, 1990. Foreign educated candidates
must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF
(International Education Research Foundation). United States
educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript. A
successful candidate should possess or be eligible for national
certification as an MT / MLT from a recognized organization (ASCP
1 year Clinical experience (high complexity testing) preferred.
Minimum of 1 year of clinical laboratory experience in highly
complex testing for those with BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology.
National and State licensure as required.
1. Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle
several procedures simultaneously.
2. Must interact with other departments.
3. Contact with clients may be required, good customer service
skills are important.
4. Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.
Additional Job Details:Generalist Required NYS Clinical Laboratory
Technologist Licensure Looking for a generalist that knows
Hematology including reading differentials; Chemistry,
Immunochemistry , Coagulation and basic hematology testing, minimal
Bloodbank Instrument experiences: Sysmex XN; Sysmex CS2500; Siemens
Centaur XP; Beckman AU680
Keywords: TalentBurst, Inc., West Haven , Medical Technologist - Int, Healthcare , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!