Mental Health Counselor - Behavioral Health
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Location: West Haven
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Description Job Schedule: Part Time Standard Hours: 16 Job
Shift: Shift 3 Shift Details: Saturday and Sunday night shift
12a-8a Work where every moment matters.Every day, over 30,000
Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in
common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We
invite you to become part of Connecticuts most comprehensive
healthcare network.Rushford Center, one of Connecticuts leading
providers of addiction and mental health services, is nationally
recognized for delivering outstanding prevention, treatment and
recovery programs. We offer a wide range of programs including
Acute Care and Evaluation, Residential Addiction Treatment,
Individual, Group & Family Therapy, Intensive Outpatient programs
and Community Support Programs. Through the passion of our
specialists, we continue to treat every patient with care,
compassion and respect, while providing affordable and accessible
services.Job SummaryProvides direct care to clients in Respite and
in the Crisis area and answers 24-hour hotline under direct
supervision in support of the overall mission of the Crisis
Stabilization Program.Key Responsibilites
- Answers hotline calls and assists callers in resolving crises,
ensuring safety and addressing needs for treatment. Completes
appropriate hotline and respite documentation according to
regulatory requirements of licensing and third party agencies by
the end of shift in a manner that allows for follow up.
- Accompanies crisis clinicians on mobile calls.
- Identifies needs and provides direct client care and case
management activities to assist in achieving established client
outcomes. Participates in team assessment of clients and
contributes to the development of a Comprehensive Treatment
- Observes clients in crisis and respite and communicates
relevant information to crisis and outpatient clinicians. Documents
client/family responses as well as collateral contacts. Identifies
changes and contributes suggestions to treatment planning. Provides
interventions as determined by the Treatment Plan.
- Implements behavior management plans as established for
individual clients when plan is required. Monitors ADLs of respite
clients and provides planning if assistance or encouragement is
needed in these areas.
- Assist with the training and orientation of other Mental Health
Counselors and Crisis Assistants.
- Observes respite clients in self-administration of
- Participates in maintenance of respite by
ordering/stocking/purchasing various supplies, keeping the CSP area
clean, making phone calls to obtain coverage for call-outs,
processing paperwork, and participating in Quality Assurance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Clinical Coordinator,
Program Manager, or Clinician. Qualifications Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, preferably Human
- Previous experience working with age-specific patient
population, in either a mental health or other related setting
(e.g. social services, camp, and school) preferred.
- Previous experience working with emotionally disturbed patients
- Valid CT driver's license in good standing. May require a
public service license for some positions in order to transport
- Basic keyboarding skills.As a Hartford HealthCare entity,
Rushford provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits
package consisting of:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of
hire, including seven paid holidays
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount
programs With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare
offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth.
Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge helping
to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community
education to countless men, women and children. We know that a
thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, West Haven , Mental Health Counselor - Behavioral Health, Healthcare , West Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!