Quality Product Inspector (2nd Shift)
Company: StaffWorks, Inc.
Location: West Haven
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Our client, a international filtration company, is seeking
2nd Shift Quality Inspectors. This company has
multiple locations in Connecticut with over 200 employees. Their
business actually got busier as a result of COVID and they are
The Quality Control Inspector will be responsible for verifying
in-process manufacturing practices and product in compliance with
drawings, specifications and requirements. Walking the
manufacturing floor, ensuring production is conducting first piece
testing and lot code traceability, during the shift. Identifying
non-conforming material, segregating, marking and pass-down report
to subsequent shifts.
- Inspection of parts and sub-assemblies to ensure compliance
with engineering drawings and documented work instructions.
Inspector will determine if products are out of compliance and have
the responsibility to employ the shift manager to take action.
- Document the inspection results. Generate non-conformance
reports when there are deviations from the product drawings.
- Ability to spot check in-process manufacturing quality and
adherence to documented procedures.
- Ability to lift boxes less than or equal to 25 lbs from floor
to desk top independently, or 25 to 40lbs with assistance from
- Closely control materials, inspection equipment and
- Ensure all areas of manufacture are reviewed in a timely and
- Issue non-conformity reports for all non-conforming
- Maintain work area.
- Timely and professional communication.
- Experience or knowledge of working with very tight tolerances
- Proficient with dimensional inspection equipment (Caliper,
Micrometer, Pin Gauges, Gauge Blocks, Micro Height Gauge, Go-No Go
Gauge, Depth Gauge etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with people at all levels
within the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and detailed record keeping.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, work under pressure,
and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to organize, prioritize, and
manage changing priorities.
- Minimum of three to five years of quality inspection
- Experience in an ISO environment a plus
Keywords: StaffWorks, Inc., West Haven , Quality Product Inspector (2nd Shift), Other , West Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!