Company: Platform Specialty Products Corporation
Location: West Haven
Posted on: June 3, 2021
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Under the direction of Engineering Manager, the Production
Engineer is responsible for maintaining Statistical Process Control
of key products and providing engineering support to improve first
pass yield and promote process efficiency and cost improvement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily monitoring of production for quality, cycle time, EHS
compliance, and consistency with documented work practices
- Monitor processes closely and oversee SPC related activities
for critical processes
- Determine root causes for out-of-control products as well as
other product failures and follow through with corrective
- Prepare periodic statistical reports to customers and ensure
the timely submission of such reports.
- Manage Nonconforming Material Reports (NCMR) as assigned and
ensure timely closeout of reports and drive root cause, corrective
action resolution and minimize repeat common occurrence.
- Support QA on customer complaints related to batch
manufacturing processes including work on Corrective Action Request
- Write and modify Work Instructions for existing products.
- Troubleshoot and resolve process equipment related
- Collaborate with Maintenance/Production and follow proper
Management of Change protocol on equipment repairs and process
changes to ensure maximum process safety
- Function as secondary resource for Plant EHS Activities such as
waste management shipment coordination, permit compliance
monitoring, external and internal auditing, and EHS systems
- Coordinate with Maintenance, Production and oversee execution
of equipment and instrumentation calibration program
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Chemical Engineering from four-year,
non "satellite" college or university. 3 to 8 years related
ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Candidate should possess the following qualities.
- Good working knowledge in Statistical Process Control
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with attention
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Quality focus, self-motivated and able to work with minimal
- Team player and ability to interact closely with other
- Ability to read, write and follow written or verbal
- Familiarity with P&ID's, basic process control, pumps,
piping systems, control valves, mixers, solids handling and
environmental control equipment.
- Ability to speak read and write English.
U.S. Employment: If you have any difficulty using our on-line
system, you may use the alternative method described below to
contact someone about your interest in employment at Element
Solutions Inc. Please reference this statement and job reference
you are applying for when contacting us.
Element Solutions Inc is an E-Verify Company and provides
reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with
disabilities and disabled veterans in job applicant procedures.
"Equal Opportunity Employer:
Keywords: Platform Specialty Products Corporation, West Haven , Process Engineer, Other , West Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!