Pilot Production Chemist
Company: Enthone-OMI Corp.
Location: West Haven
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The responsibilities of this position is to facilitate the
development and launch of new chemistries to support MacDermid
Alpha's high growth markets and supply intermediate products to
High Volume Manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts lab and pilot-scale experiments, define optimal
conditions and recommendations
- Collects and consolidates data during experiments and
effectively shares these results with other groups, team members,
- Conducts raw material and equipment evaluations and test
- Validate new trial product test specifications & methods and
make recommendations before launching new products
- Support equipment design and specification for new
- Supports PPL-to-manufacturing process transfer activities
including writing robust manufacturing instructions, full-scale
batch validation and training manufacturing operators
- Assists in creating control plan and FMEA for new products
- Assist in creating control limits of intermediate products made
- Produce lab-scale synthesis reactions as intermediate
- Support customer qualification of new products by providing
final chemical samples and qualification data packages
- Provide trial product samples to customers and R&D
including making batches and packaging
- Acts as a lead in smaller projects investigating product
failures or process improvement and can effectively communicate
project progress to a larger audience
- Understands project needs and helps coordinate development
activities across departments
- Supports troubleshooting activities for quality and engineering
by executing experiments
- Detailed documentation in laboratory notebooks
- Operates equipment and follows procedures in accordance with
ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Pilot Production plays a key role to support product launch as
well as product sustainability. A person in this lab must display a
sense of urgency and customer focus in order to meet the customer
needs ultimately resulting in new business opportunities as well as
maintaining current businesses that require a slightly more complex
chemical processes. The core strategy not only includes investment
of time in characterizing new products, but also design and
integration of state of the art systems that allow for quick
iteration and scale up.
U.S. Employment: If you have any difficulty using our on-line
system, you may use the alternative method described below to
contact someone about your interest in employment at Element
Solutions. Please reference this statement and job reference you
are applying for when contacting us. Tel: 203-575-5848.
Element Solutions is an E-Verify Company and provides reasonable
accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and
disabled veterans in job applicant procedures. "Equal Opportunity
Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Enthone-OMI Corp., West Haven , Pilot Production Chemist, Other , West Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!