Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) - OR General Surgery
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Location: West Haven
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Shift 1
Details: Days/ Night Rotating
SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED!
Work where every
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford
HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride
in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite
you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in
Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed
community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric
facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and
special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is
the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the
Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest
• Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and
communicates patient condition as appropriate.
• Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
• Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
• Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess
patients and to identify physical, psychosocial, cultural,
spiritual and age-related needs in order to provide individualized
care to the patient.
• Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel consistent
with their level of education and expertise in order to meet
patients' needs and to maximize staff performance.
• Participates in daily interdisciplinary patient rounds.
Demonstrates knowledge of patients' condition and is able to
provide appropriate input to meet desired outcomes for the
appropriate patient population.
• Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA
Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement
• Develops, implements and revises individualized plans of
• Participates in activities for professional growth and
development outside of patient care.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s): Certified Surgical Tech specializing
in Surgery credentialed from the National Board of Surgical
Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- Graduate of an accredited surgical technologist program
- Experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state,
Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career
development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization
on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies,
breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men,
women and children. We know that a thriving organization
starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits
program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment
matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, West Haven , Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) - OR General Surgery, Other , West Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!