Company: Glanbia PLC
Location: West Haven
Posted on: May 4, 2022
* Responsible and accountable for efficiently and accurately moving
material physically and electronically.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Physically moves, racks, and electronically scans raw material
and or finished goods.
* Loads or unloads palletized and floor loaded trucks as required.
Re-stacks pallets if necessary.
* Uses the hand held scanner to perform transfers, entries and any
other required transactions.
* Uses a forklift and or scissor lift as necessary to access and
move the product.
* Responsible and accountable for meeting established productivity,
and quality requirements.
* Recommends productivity, efficiency, quality and safety
improvements to management.
* Performs tasks in compliance with pick tickets, SOP's, and any
other required documentation.
* Complies with all company policies.
* Works in a safe manner.
* Checks work for accuracy.
* Participates in training as needed.
* Completes additional tasks and projects as assigned by
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of a high school GED.
* Graduate from high school or tech school preferred.
* Candidate must be able to pass a written test.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Computer skills in a windows environment.
* Must have experience with a bar code scanner.
* Ability to work error free in a fast paced environment.
* Must be highly detail orientated.
* Must have forklift license or able to be trained.
* Must be organized, thorough, and self motivated.
* Must have familiarity with cGMP's, SOP's, HAACP's, or other
similar quality programs.
* Strong ability to prioritize tasks, and handle multiple
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
* SOPs as required.
* All PPE Safety as required.
* Sexual Harassment Prevention Training.
* Forklift and scissor jack training.
* Heavy physical effort required.
* Must be able to lift 55lbs throughout the shift.
* Continuous mental and visual attention required.
* Regularly required to sit, stand, reach, bend, pull, push and
walk about the building.
* May be required to walk up and down a full flight of stairs when
working in the West Haven facility.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
* Dust masks as required.
* Safety Glasses.
* Lab Coats.
* Hair nets.
* Hearing protection as required.
* Works in a powder processing manufacturing facility with moderate
* Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed
Nearest Major Market: New Haven
Nearest Secondary Market: Hartford
Keywords: Glanbia PLC, West Haven , Material Handler, Other , West Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!