Machine Shop Operator
Company: Aquinas Consulting
Location: West Haven
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Job DescriptionAquinas Consulting is currently looking to fill a
Temp-to-Hire Machine Shop Operator job in West Haven, CT. This
direct job is available with our client in the lighting industry.
In this role, you will ensure workstation is clean and organized at
all times and that all PPE are used as required and that all
equipment is being operated in a safe and efficient manner.
- Measures and aligns materials to be used.
- Inspects products, evaluating finished pieces for compliance
with quality standards and specifications.
- Ability to operate manual lathes, drill presses/drill jigs,
tapping operations, chop saws, other electrical metal and plastic
cutting saws and power presses a plus
- Operates drilling machines, for example single- or
multiple-spindle drill presses to drill, ream, countersink, spot
face, or tap holes in metal or nonmetal workpieces according to
- Lifts workpiece manually and positions and secures it on
machine table in drilling jig or holding fixture.
- Moves machine controls to feed tools into workpiece and engages
- Observes machine operation, and verifies conformance of drilled
workpiece to specifications, using fixed gauges, calipers, and
- Changes worn cutting tools, using wrenches. Moves controls to
adjust cutting speeds, feed rates, and depth of cut.
- May also perform minor assembly, for example fastening parts
with nuts, bolts, and screws, using power tools and hand
tools.Machine Shop Operator Job Qualifications:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Ability to lift 50 lbsIf you are interested in this
Temp-to-Hire Machine Shop Operator job in West Haven, CT, please
apply now to be connected with a member of our team. Please note:
Applying to this role is an agreement to have your information
entered into our database and acknowledgement that a recruiter will
reach out to you either by phone, email, and/or text message
regarding this and similar job opportunities.
Aquinas Consulting is a woman and minority owned company
headquartered in Milford, CT that provides Engineering, Information
Technology (IT), and Manufacturing staffing solutions throughout
the US. We take pride in 20 years of service to our clients, our
hiring managers, our consultants, and our local community. Aquinas
is an affirmative ACTION, equal opportunity employer and committed
to considering all qualified applications without regard to race,
genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin,
veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Aquinas Consulting, West Haven , Machine Shop Operator, Other , West Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!