Quality & Compliance Technician
Company: Green Thumb Industries
Location: West Haven
Posted on: September 17, 2023
This position is to ensure through process performance audits that
all raw ingredients, raw materials, packaging, and finished
products comply with all applicable regulations and meet or exceed
the customer's expectations and to act when predefined standards
are not met. This position will also help manage product quality
tracking systems, FDA standards, internal and external audits, etc.
The goal for this role is to ensure compliance with all Green Thumb
corporate operating procedures, as well as applicable federal,
state, county, and municipal laws, regulations, ordinances, and
- Supports the Quality Department and ensure all employees
understand and follow all standard operating procedures
- Establish and support through audits the incoming, in-process,
and finished product sampling and inspection process.
- Reviews in-process batch documentation, logbooks, test results,
and good documentation practices.
- Write quality inspection Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
and forms, including routing and/or approval of change request
packages, as requested.
- Participate in State regulatory and/or 3rd Party site
- Conduct internal audits to monitor site compliance to GTI
corporate Quality System and PA State regulations.
- Segregation, control, and disposition of non-conforming
- Identify, recommend, and perform quality training as
- Ensure maintenance and control of production quality
- Assist production personnel in the investigation of root causes
and corrective action of internal rejects, corrective/preventive
action, preventive control points, and customer
- Continually study the existing quality system and make
recommendations for improvements.
- Perform improvement projects as identified.
- Collect quality data and report metrics to management.
- Monitors compliance to established Good Manufacturing Practice
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP
guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product
quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or
practices that may adversely affect product safety, product quality
or personnel safety.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating
in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients,
co-workers, and management.
- May make decisions and perform the job responsibilities of the
Quality & Compliance Manager in their absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Associate degree in Agriculture, Horticulture or a related
field, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or
- Prior experience in regulated industry in healthcare, medical
devices, pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods (food), or
cannabis is highly desired.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMP), Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Hazard Analysis
Critical Control Point (HACCP) experience is highly
- Strong experience with product sampling and
- Must have the knowledge and skills required to work in a fast
paced and challenging environment
- Must be able to work variable day shifts dependent on business
- Ability to follow written procedures and monitor others for
adherence to written procedures.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and
problem solve effectively.
- Exceptional computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Access,
Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word).
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and
regulations and passion to further their understanding and
knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company
regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis
Keywords: Green Thumb Industries, West Haven , Quality & Compliance Technician, Professions , West Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!